Scratching the Surface of computer programming!
$55 per student
Join us for super fun parent & kids virtual interactive workshop with Scratch, for kids age 7 and up these holidays. Guided by our experienced coding educators your child will experiment with block coding fundamentals, learning the basics of coding by making stories and animations. From the comfort of your own living room, you and your child (or children) can get creative and learn the basics of coding and computational thinking using this extremely fun and user friendly program.
Scratch is one of the most popular, block coding platforms for learning coding. This course is designed to help kids to get to grips with key coding concepts in a fun and creative way.
WORKSHOP DETAILS & BOOKINGS
Session 1 – Scratch Intro: 10am – 12pm, Thursday Oct 8
Session 2 – Scratch Extended: 1pm – 3pm, Thursday Oct 8
Your place is reserved on payment. Sessions will run over Zoom. You will be emailed joining details once your payment has processed.
Scratch Coding Workshop Session 1: Intro Level – Thursday Oct 8, 10am
We look forward to seeing you online for session 1! Please read the course requirements below to make sure you have everything you need on the day.
Scratch Coding Workshop Session 2: Extended – Thurs Oct 8, 1pm
We look forward to seeing you online for session 2! This session assumes some prior knowledge of Scratch. Please make sure your child has attended session 1 or has a good working knowledge of Scratch. Please read the course requirements below to make sure you have everything you need on the day.
What you’ll learn
- The fundamentals of block based coding
- Debugging skills
- How to create your own interactive stories
- Computer science concepts in relation to coding and debugging
- How to make animations and visual and sound effects
- Computer / laptop
- Optional (but useful) – second screen for Zoom, so Scratch and Zoom are on separate devices.
- Parent co-pilot
- Competent computer skills (Windows or Mac)
- Competent math skills
- Strong internet connection
Who this course is for
- Kids interested in learning how to make their own computer games
- Kids with a curiosity about technology and computing
- Creative kids wanting to increase their computer skills
- Anyone curious about programming
- Children age 7+