$150 + GST per Student
Ever wondered how 3D printers work? Perhaps you’re interested in how game designers make all the weird and wonderful creatures and landscapes in your favourite game? Come along and wonder no more as we answer your questions in this exciting journey into the realms of 3D design – a wonderful and creative technological world where you can make your very own 3D creations.
We’ll explore how 3D printing works and cover the foundations of 3D design in TinkerCAD – a free to use web-based tool that encourages creativity and critical thinking. Your educator will take your through challenges designed to turn you into a skilled 3D ninja designer – no prior experience necessary! We’ll explore new methods and strategies each session so you can practice honing your design skills and customise and personalise your designs.
What you’ll learn
- Creating 3D objects from scratch
- Things to consider whilst designing
- Manipulating objects in a 3D environment
- Basics of 3D printing and how 3D printers work
- Using the Shape library
- Grouping and ungrouping shapes
- Aligning and flipping 3D shapes
- Skills useful in innovative careers such as architecture, animation, game design, engineering, industrial design and building
- The process of turning ideas and drawings into 3D models
Session 1: TBC
Coming soon!! We are are launching our Tinkercad courses soon. Please email us to register your interest or to join the mailing list to be notified of future sessions.
- Computer / laptop
- Mouse – wired or wireless (not trackpad on laptop)
- Ideally the students have 2 screens – Zoom can run on an iPad for example whilst they practice on the laptop/computer.
- Competent computer skills (Windows or Mac)
- Competent math skills
- Strong internet connection
- Tinkercad needs to run on a laptop or computer (not iPad)
Who this course is for
- Students who are interested in game design or 3D printing
- How products are designed
- Creative kids looking to explore 3D art
- Anyone curious about cutting edge technologies
- Children age 10+